Monday, August 22, 2011

Replacing a bathroom exhaust fan

Replacing a bathroom exhaust fan

Exhaust System

My old fan in the bathroom had to be replaced, it was not very good, and I was concerned about the potential growth of mold. Instead of calling a HVAC service in the area of ​​South Jersey for a simple project, but I decided to do it yourself.

First I turned off the electricity to the bathroom by removing the fuse (you can also simply turn off the main switch). With a scale, I unscrewed the grill and took him away. If there are no screws on the lid,Should be able to simply pull out. I unhooked the fan and pulled him down, so that the wiring was exposed behind.

To remove the fan, I screwed the nuts on the black and white wires and screws from the bottom (with the bare copper wire). Thankfully, my replacement fan is the size of the old. If not, you most likely to cut little 'space in the ceiling or walls - wherever it's your fans. The fan should come with a model that is the first trackCut.

Next, I wired the black wire and then the white wires together. Then I connected the cable grounding copper, turn the new leader, so it has remained behind the ground screw. I screwed the new exhaust fan in the main proceedings and made sure that the wiring was safe in the junction box. Before replacing the grill cover, I manually turned the fan to test the movement. Finally I turned the power back and enjoy my new exhaust fan! I never worried about the structure ofOdors, dust and mold, and the best part that did not pay anyone to do it for me.

k5 blazer exhaust system treadmill surge protector bulaggi handbags

No comments:

Post a Comment